Friday, December 24, 2010

12/23/10 Update

I may not have mentioned it but a few months ago I developed a hernia in my groin. Last month I met with my surgeon to have it repaired and we set a date for January 3rd to have it done.

Before hand I would need clearance from my cardiologist. So I have a cardiolite stress test last week and met with him to review the results. It turns out that I have a blocked artery . The same one that I had angioplasty on 22 years ago. That explained the chest discomfort I was experiencing each time I exerted myself.

The remedy would be to put a stent in but since my platelets are still low that's not possible.
They need to be over 100. On my last blood test two weeks ago they had risen to 65.

So we have had to put on hold both the hernia repair and the stent. They did put me on some heart medicine as an interim measure.

In the meantime my next pet scan is scheduled for 1/19/11 to see how my cancer is doing.

So as you can see things have gotten complicated. But with God's grace and your prayers things will all work out .

1 comment:

wjjrlynch said...

Joe, I was not up to date on this info. Sounds like "when it rains, etc." When I saw your Christmas card I thought you were on a good track. I will do as you ask. Keep me posted. Your friend....Bill