Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The real thing!

All went well yesterday with my radiation treatment!

They inserted several million radio active "beads' through an arterial catheter into my liver.

They will collect in my tumors and and stop their growth and possibly shrink them .

They will remain active for a month .The greatest activity occurs during the first week so I 'm not supposed to get close to people during that time so as not to affect them.

Not exactly an easy task for me!

Otherwise there may be some minor symptoms but I'm feeling fine today.

If anything new develops I'll keep you posted!...jm

3 comments:

Tina Skubon said...

Will you be in seclusion for a week? Impossible? I can't see it!
I now have your blog in my favorites so I can keep up with you. You remain in my prayers every day. Love, Tina

wjjrlynch said...

Joe, Glad to see it worked out for you. Keep up your good outlook and great morale. Your homefront support must work wonders for you. Always in my thoughts..your friend..Bill Lynch

Talula said...

Sounds like all great news!! Your strength is so inspiring! We love you so much!